Immerse in an ECO-Tour and Experience Southwest Florida Islands by Boat

“Captain Brian Holaway is well versed in the intricacies of our unmatched locale. He can guide to and through a multitude of out-of-the way tidal creeks, bayous, keys and islands. More important is his passionate interest and respect for the region. With unique insights from his many explorations and his studies, not only does he identify the birds and wildlife that inhabit our semi-tropical watery land, but he explains their interconnectedness to their environment and each other. In addition, he shares the fascinating history of rugged people who came long before us: Florida Native Indians, the Calusa, the Spanish, the Cubans, early homesteaders, and the wisdom evident in the growth of their culture.

You will come away with great enjoyment and a new understanding of this beautiful place and its history.”

Historian, Betty Anholt
Author of Sanibel’s Story

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Photography and Shelling














Evette and Sun traveled with me exploring many unique spots. Evette wanted to find a pair of angel wings. We managed to find some angel wings but not a "pair". Evette found some nice kings crown shells. They look a little dirty in the photo but will clean up nicely. I enjoyed talking to her husband Sun about photography. He gave me some great advice that I appreciated greatly. We covered a lot of ground on this trip. The shells tell the rest of the story.

4 comments:

Kaybe said...

Somebody got muddy to find all those angel wings.

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

You got some beautiful whelks and angel wings. Find any junonia's lately? Love the photo of the eagle - is that an eagle?

gpc said...

Love the osprey! There seem to be more than the usual amount this year, is it true or am I just seeing more of them? I have not found an angel in years, so I am more jealous than ever. I wish I'd had time to book a trip with you this winter -- maybe next year!

pam @ i Love Shelling said...

Those are beautiful angel wings! I don't think I've ever found a pair but I feel lucky even to find the singles, especially that nice size. Those whelks are beauties too!